“A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”

-George Bernard Shaw -







I love Weekends! No Work . . . Get to be with family . . . Relaxing!   But for the past like 5 weekends it has been GO GO GO. Usually We have a busy weekend followed by a chill one, so they even out. Not recently. We had a wedding of a friend a couple weeks ago (which was beautiful) and it was kinda busy. Lots of events to share with them that kept us driving all over!
Next it was Easter the following weekend and another driving adventure to the cabin! Which (being at the cabin) you figure you will relax but by the time you get home you realize how even though it was lots of fun . . . it was also tiring.
Then the following weekend was a baby shower at  . . .  of course MY HOUSE! Which I was SOOO excited for! I LOVE having parties at my house. But I really should learn to start cleaning the whole week prior so I'm not racing the clock to get it all clean before people start showing up. But I did PROCRASTINATE and of course was cleaning all Thursday and then up late Friday and up early Saturday to clean some more. It was a wonderful shower though.  And all I really had to do was Clean . . . the food and setting up decorations was all done by Matt's sweet cousins. But after the shower as I'm passing out and finally relaxing . . . my mother in-law calmly kneels down next to me and says, "Do you have your talk ready for tomorrow?" Thank heavens she remembered!! . . . Cause I might not have!! Hahaha . . . Yes, Matt and I both had speaking assignments (15-20 minutes each) in church the next morning at 9:00 am!!  So I decided to take a nap now (cause DeLa was!!!!) and write later.  Needless to say procrastination is my life!! (Which I am not proud to admit, but hey all I can do is try harder next time!) 
So THEN . . . we stay up till 2:00 am writting our talks! Okay  . . . I stayed up till 2:00 am writting my talk and Matt was kind enough to keep me company. . . Matt was done at about 10:00pm - I don't know how he does it! He glances at the material and could speak for an hour from just his thoughts and recalling scriptures, he is too Amazing! NOT ME!! As much as I love to talk and could talk ANYONES ear off!! In front of a crowd I have to be SOOOOO PREPARED or I am SOOOO NERVOUS! But by 2:00 am I felt I was . . . and hoped that in my exhausted state I was making sense and that it would still make sense in the morning! So we get to bed at 2:00 am and usually DeLa sleeps till 7 or 8 . . . But NOT THIS NIGHT!! (Oh the joys of Motherhood!) Sweet Girl had a hard night and was up a 4:00 am, then again at 6:00 am! Hahaha! THEN . . . I had a meeting I had to be at before church at 7:15 am! By this time I am loving life and everyone around me could tell by the way I looked. I don't even think I was completely awake driving to the church for the meeting. But hey I think I was there!
I get home and there is my sweet sweet Husband and sweet sweet baby passed out together on the recliner! Sadly enough I had to wake them up and we all had to get ready and head to church.
Thank Heavens for Grandparents who live in your same ward!! They took care of DeLa for us as we sat on the stand waiting to speak. I was so tired but as I gave my talk I got a surge of energy and I really felt the spirit so strongly! Through it all I was glad to speak! It was on member missionary work and it touched my heart! (I'll have to post part of my talk later!)
Too bad the energy left soon after I sat down because by Relief Society Meeting I was dragging, and though the lesson was wonderful I could barely keep my eyes open. THAT was probably the most tiring weekend! And I haven't really been able to catch up since!
This weekend was busy too (Not as busy as last) Thursday, Friday and Saturday I had to be up in Park City for a Parent Baby Massage class! It was really fun - and DeLa LOVED it! My sister in-law was taking a class to be certified to teach these classes and I was the class that the class was learning to teach on (if that makes sense). It was really fun! But a LONG way to travel 3 days in a row. Then Saturday we had our Family pictures taken and DeLa's 3 month photos taken. (on a post coming to you soon!!) Next, Matt wanted to go to an Antique Shop Liquidation that was going on in Salt Lake and we spent the day up there and in Park City too! So it was a lot of driving AGAIN, and even though driving is just sitting there doing nothing . . . I almost feel MORE tired after I get out of the car on a long drive.
DeLa through all of these past weekends has been so sweet with putting up with her parents! I feel bad when I get too over tired, because she is the one who suffers! But she was our ray of Sunshine through it all!
WOW!!  I know there are people with lives much more busy/stressfull than mine . . . but some times it gets a little much! Matt and I agreed that this next weekend it is VEGE-time! We might leave the couch we might not! Who knows?! Hopefully nothing pressing comes up . . . but hey That's LIFE! Hahaha . . .

1 Comment

  1. Katie Dolar on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM

    Thank you so much for hosting Meg's shower! You have a beautiful home and we had a blast. I have pictures from the shower on my blog. And, from a fellow "Mom". Life doesn't slow down, it gets more hectic so just enjoy the ride!

     


Post a Comment