“A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”

-George Bernard Shaw -

















Here are some photos of our Wedding!
I LOVED my Wedding! It was exactly how I always had planned!
I was sealed to the love of my life Matthew Willey Lee in the Salt Lake City LDS Temple December 28, 2007 for Time and All Eternity!
My Colors were Brown Bronze Tan Gold and Cream.
We had our reception at Wadley Farm in Lindon Utah. I had always wanted a wedding in a barn!
I had wheat in my bouquet along with brown roses . . . that actually looked rusty colored . . . But BEAUTIFUL!
My dress was gorgeous! It had a sweatheart neck line, a puckered bottom and I had a brown sash that added some color!
The mens tuxes where this chocolate brown that had just came out that season and were perfect!
Bridesmaids wore a brown dress of their choice with a goldish shrug.
Matts Groomsmen where his brother Mike Lee, Brother in-law McKay Tressler, and my brother Adam Hickman.
My Bridesmaids were my sister Rachel Brighton, Matts sisters Amy Tressler and Rachael Lee, and one of my companions from my mission Melissa Scherck.
I hate regular cake so we had 3 tiers of Cheesecake drissled with chocolate.
My mother catered - she made a dinner similar to Cafe Rio . . . But better!
We had dancing and fun!
I Danced with my Daddy . . . who bless his heart . . . broke his toe in between the wedding and reception checking on a jobsite really quick, but danced with me any way!
I hardly remember the day! It was a blur. . . but a BEAUTIFUL blur! So many faces of family and friends that came to support us! So many things to do! We didn't even get to eat we were so busy! I did get some cheesecake though! When Matt shoveled it in my face . . . hahahah!

It was a everything I ever wanted and it almost didn't happen because of my silly mistake!! We left early in the morning about 5 am to be able to get to Salt Lake and be the required 2 hours early to the temple for oyur 8:20 am sealing. As we got up to the front desk the asked us if we had everything and of course we did . . . or so I thought! Then they asked for the Marriage Lisence, we had gotten the marriage certificate about 3 weeks prior to be safe . . . but silly me FORGOT IT AT HOME a 45 MINUTE DRIVE AWAY!
I paniced and called my siblings who had left on there way to Salt Lake but turned around to go search for the marriage lisence for me! They searched and search while I was on the phone with them but couldn't find it! I was soooo sad! I thought I had ruined everything and that we wouldn't be able to get married that day! I was standing outside of the temple on the phone with tears in my eyes as the guests started to arrive! I'm sure they all must of thought Matt left me at the altar or something! Hahahaha. . . . They continued to look with no success so they started on their way to Salt Lake. Finally Salt Lake county office building was open and that we could just go get a new one!!! Lucky me I picked a FRIDAY to get married and not a Saturday! We rushed to the county building and didn't even have to ask for the Lisence because by the way we were dressed the clerk kinda figured! Hahaha . . . then back to the temple we went now fully prepared and tears wiped away! We hurry and got ready and went to the sealing room. Since my brother and sister and stayed back to find the lisence they were running late . . . I was so afraid they were going to miss it! But we had a wonderful Sealer who passed some time telling us funny stories and giving us good advice! He stalled just in time for them to get to the temple and no one missed out! So 2 hours later than expected we got married on December 28, 2007 at 10:30 am! Boy am I really glad I picked a Friday to get married and that we got married when we did, because it wasn't 1 month later that the State buildings decided to do 4 10 hour days and be closed on Fridays too! :) Lucky Us!!
But through it all . . . EVERYTHING worked out! It was a beautiful day that I wouldn't change for the world! And we have funny stories to tell now! :)


0 comments



Post a Comment