“A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”

-George Bernard Shaw -







Today Matt Blessed our sweet little girl! It was so beautiful and the blessing was AMAZING! The Priesthood holders in his circle were: Leonard Lee (Matt's Dad) Randy Hickman (Ali's Dad) McKay Tressler (Matt's Bro in-law) Brian Hickman & Adam Hickman (Ali's Brothers) Craig Brighton (Ali's Bro-in-law) Lynn Payne (Ali's Uncle) Ted Lee (Matt's Uncle) Todd Jaramillo (Family Friend) and of course Matt gave the blessing.

We had so much fun dressing her up! And the Lucky little girl had 2 blessing dresses!!! One I made and a Gorgeous Long one made by a friend of Matt's from his mission - Brother Plante. Just look at the pictures . . .


This is the one I made! . . . with a LITTLE help from my sister in-law . . . okay alot of help! It was my very first atempt at sewing and I think it turned out great! I wanted the puckered look like on my wedding dress . . . plus with puckers its hard to see mistakes! Hahaha . . . She looked ADORABLE in it!

Here is the one Brother Plante made! She looks so cute!


And She Loves the Camera!!



Here is a longer shot of the dress! It was Beautiful! It had embroidery all down the skirt of a design and Chinese symbols . . . .BEAUTIFUL! Then the slip underneath had her name and birthdate embroidered at the bottom!


Here is a full shot of the length!





Here is my mom with the DeLa


Here is Taylor (Matt's Nephew) with DeLa . . . CUTE!


Here is my Grandma Payne holding DeLa . . . DeLa's Middle name is after her!


Here is Makenzie my Best Friend with DeLa.





Look at that SMILE!!


HOW CUTE! This reminds me of yesterday when she laughed out loud for the first time! Grandma Lee made her laugh so hard!







DeLa with her sweet Daddy! If you look close you can see Matt's cuff links, my mother gave them to him the day before the blessing . . . they belonged to my Grandpa Payne who died 3 weeks before DeLa was born. So Matt wore his Cuff links to bless her and it was like he was their in the circle too! And I know he was with us watching!



DeLa Ruth with her Mommy Alison Ruth


Kisses for the Jelly Bean!


Our first realy family picture!

It was a great day!! Also it was Testimony Meeting today, so I felt inclined to go up and bear my testimony! My heart was so full of happiness and filled with the spirit! I have had such joy in becoming a mother and I had to express that! In part of Matt's blessing he said " . . .DeLa you have an amazing mother and I bless you with strength to listen to her and heed her words." I started bawling at that point and began to think . . . now I need to be worthy of the blessing too! I need to make sure that I teach her right and live my life in a way so that when she listens to me she will be lead in the right direction. I hope I always will!
I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is an AMAZING father and a Beautiful little girl who has brought such JOY to our lives . . . even when she cries!! Which she is starting to do . . . So I better go!

2 comments

  1. Samantha R on March 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM

    Looks like a wonderful day! We wish we could have made it down for DeLa's special day!

     
  2. Makenzie on March 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM

    Did you see her lookin at me! I am already her favorite auntie!!! YAYYYY! Love you guys!

     


Post a Comment